Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Search in a input box

Hi all!

I'm new to qlikview and help would be much appreciated. I have created a input box and have used the constraints tab to pre-define values in drop down and used the string: Concat(DISTINCT Service, '; ')  to list the values from the column. My problem is that the dropdown list returns around 1000 diffrent values to chose between (as it should). My question is if theres a way to ad a seach function in the input box to retrieve the already listed values (for example, if the value i want to retreve starts with: A5000xxxx, all the values that starts with A5000 will pop up in the dropdown)?.

Best regards

Hampus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Use a search object and use wildcard search as search mode

SearchBox.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Use a search object and use wildcard search as search mode

SearchBox.png

marcus_sommer

AFAIK you couldn't search within the inputbox-listing but you could limit and/or sort these list, maybe in this way:

concat({< YourField = p(YourField) >} distinct Service, ';', YourSortField)

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

the input box defines variables that are unique to charts and lists on the same tab and can't be sorted using search objects, but thanks for your suggestion!

Not applicable
Author

thanks! i'll try this

Not applicable
Author

AH, this actually works! If i use the search object to sort out the value i want then go to the input box and use the drop-down menu only the searched values are listed.

Thank you!!

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You're welcome. You could also just use the search box, it will give you a dropdown where you can select as well. You could then use a Field trigger to set a variable

Not applicable
Author

Ah, cool, ill give it a shot!:) Thanks!