Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pareto Chart Error

We are trying to create a pareto chart for some of our metrics and are facing issue in them.

The below is the problem description and would appreciate any help in this regard:-

1. Problem :- We are having the below pareto chart with different bins ; whenever users select a particular set of bins (e.g.:- 0.15 --> 0.23) the calculation automatically changes(Fig 2).

Pareto1.png

Fig 2:-

Pareto2.png

Required:- The requirement is not to recalculate as per selection but to retain the values as in Fig-1 ,but with the cropped image. Essentially the values for Fig-2 should have been ( as retained from Fig 1)

Pareto3.png

Any help is deeply appreciated.

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a qvw file where you are trying this out? Would be easier to work with then to work with the Excel file

Best,

Sunny

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

See this example

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I am not able to share the qvw file but have attached the raw data in the excel file as well the result we are trying to achieve, if that would help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for the reply. I checked the solution in the Pareto and the variable.qvw. On selecting any "Solicitante" the %accum column changes, this is what is not required. If suppose , on no selection the accum% for the below shows along with other. I need to have the same accum% also on filtering :-

Pareto4.png

On only selecting the above 2 , the accum% changes to :-

Pareto4.png

sunny_talwar

Try this Expression without full accumulation:

=If(Count(Serial) > 0, RangeSum(Above(Count({<TR_bin = >}Serial), 0, RowNo()))/Count(TOTAL{<TR_bin = >} Serial))

Not applicable
Author

Not giving the correct result. If I choose Tr_Bin 0.17 it should be

6645/7517 = 88.3% , but the solution does not reflect.

sunny_talwar

‌I can work on the numbers, the idea was that the percentages don't change based on the selection.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Sorry for sending the reply in a hurry, I am trying with a little tweak .

Hopefully this should work, fingers crossed. I deeply appreciate your help

in this .

Thanks

Arun

sunny_talwar

Not a problem. I think my numbers somehow differs from yours, may be because the data is a little different. But again the idea that the percentages should not change when you select bin or bunch of bins works in the example I posted.

Best,

Sunny