NPrinting is server based tool to do report generation and distribution out of Qlikview Apps. See the product details page for an overview and detailed information:
Please mark this post as helpful.
Thanks for sharing this.
In fact NPrinting Service needs a specific account that is not shared with other user or services. This account must be a machine administrator and have the property to log on as a service.
You have to assign a named user CAL manually from the QMC to this account.
The requirements for NPrinting service are specified here:
Yes, I was aware of the requirements, but like many people, I just did what seemed right and was caught out by using the same account. I thought it might be handy to document it for someone else who has done this, because when it happens, there is nothing to clearly indicate the cause of the ensuing problems.
In addition to the document that Andrea posted, here is a checklist of sort that is extremely useful when setting up NPrinting Server. In here, you will find the dedicated account requirement among others: Troubleshooting: NPrinting Server Service and Schedules – Customer Feedback for Vizubi
below is a section of some of the articles listed above with some key inforamtion mentioned
What needs to be installed on a developers computer?
- NPrinting Designer with an active license. You can create and modify reports and tasks using NPrinting Designer. You can easily open NPrinting documents saved on a server to create new reports and tasks or modify existing ones, even if NPrinting Server is active. Tasks can be launched manually for testing what has been developed. Jobs and Scheduled Jobs can be created and launched.
- QlikView Local Client You need QlikView Local Client installed on the computer because NPrinting needs QlikView Local Client for connecting to QlikView documents whether on a local computer or on a remote server, opening .qvw files, and extracting data. QlikView Personal edition is not supported.
- Microsoft Office The Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is necessary for template developers. Office versions 2007, 2010 32 or 64 bit and 2013 32 or 64 bit are supported.
What needs to be installed on a server?
- NPrinting Server with an active license. Install NPrinting Server on a server to manage your reporting system: you need it to schedule jobs automatically, set up and run NPrinting Service and NPrinting On-Demand reporting.
- QlikView Local Client. You need QlikView Local Client installed on the machine because NPrinting needs QlikView to connect to the server and or to open .qvw file and extract data. QlikView Personal edition is not supported.
- Users who start NPrinting Service must have one of the following:
- a Named user CAL on the QlikView server
- a server Assigned leased license (not dynamically assigned)
- a local QlikView Local Client license