Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Referencing Fields From Multiple Tables in Script Equation

Hello,

I am building a qlikview with fairly complicated expressions in the charts and as sheet variables. These expressions are often comprised of nested if statements in order to account for the various combinations that can occur. The expressions were working, but as they become more complicated, it is clear that the qlikview app cannot handle the calculations in the charts, which is leading me to see if it is possible to add them to the load script.

However, the expressions that I need reference fields that are located in 4 different tables. For instance:

(if([Discount 14A] = 0, 0,

if([Discount 14 List Category]=0,

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]=0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]=0,

SUM(AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT POCost*Quantity), ProjectItemID)) ,

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]=0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]>0,

SUM(if(PurchaseOrderTotal>= 0 and PurchaseOrderTotal<= [Discount 14 Maximum Order],AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT POCost*Quantity), ProjectItemID)) ),

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]>0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]=0,

SUM(if(PurchaseOrderTotal>=[Discount 14 Minimum Order], AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT POCost*Quantity), ProjectItemID))),

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]>0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]>0,

SUM(if(PurchaseOrderTotal>= [Discount 14 Minimum Order] and PurchaseOrderTotal <= [Discount 14 Maximum Order], AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT POCost*Quantity), ProjectItemID))))))),

if([Discount 14 List Category]>0,

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]=0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]=0,

SUM(AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT if([Discount 14 List Category]=DiscountSkuListCategoryID, POCost*Quantity)), ProjectItemID)) ,

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]=0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]>0,

SUM(AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT if(PurchaseOrderTotal>=0 and PurchaseOrderTotal<= [Discount 14 Maximum Order] and [Discount 14 List Category]=DiscountSkuListCategoryID, [Item Sell Price Total])), ProjectItemID))  ,

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]>0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]=0,

SUM(AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT if(PurchaseOrderTotal>=[Discount 14 Minimum Order] and [Discount 14 List Category]=DiscountSkuListCategoryID, [Item Sell Price Total])), ProjectItemID))  ,

if([Discount 14 Minimum Order]>0 and [Discount 14 Maximum Order]>0,

SUM(AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT if(PurchaseOrderTotal>= [Discount 14 Minimum Order] and PurchaseOrderTotal<= [Discount 14 Maximum Order] and [Discount 14 List Category]=DiscountSkuListCategoryID, [Item Sell Price Total])), ProjectItemID))  ))))))

)

/

SUM(AGGR(SUM(DISTINCT  POCost*Quantity), ProjectItemID))  )

this reference Discounts which are located in one table, Product information located in a separate table, Purchase Order information in a third table, and Sku information listed in a fourth table.

I tried to create a qvd with all of these tables joined in order to have them in one table, but that then destroyed my computer's memory (16 gigs) and would not complete. I tried both outer and left joins, but do not want to use an inner join, as it will eliminate some of my data.

I have found some information that suggests using a mapping function in the script, but from what I can tell, this only allows you to join 2 tables, not 4.

Any suggestions / help is appreciated!

1 Reply
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

At script level you can reference fields from other tables using LOOKUP() function (please check your manual/help)

But I would not recomend this, because it can be very slow and memory consuming