Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

Computing %-change and delta in load statement

Hello,

I'm trying to compute %-change and delta variables derived from a loaded time series variable in the load statement.  The following statements works great if I'm only interested in the aggregate change over time, but it breaks down when I add another dimension to it.

For instance, the time series is an aggregate of multiple regions in the US.   Hence, if I add a dimension and select a subset of the regions, the %-change and delta values continue to reflect the aggregate changes. 

Here's the code that I used-

Join(EARNINGS_MSA)

LOAD *,

[TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA'), [TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA]) as TOTPRIV_MSA_Delta,

([TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA'), [TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA]))/[TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA] as [TOTPRIV_MSA_%],

[TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA'), [TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA]) as RETAIL_MSA_Delta,

([TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA'), [TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA]))/[TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA] as [RETAIL_MSA_%];        

LOAD DATE,

Sum(TOTPRIV_MSA) as TOTAL_TOTPRIV_MSA,

Sum(RETAIL_MSA) as TOTAL_RETAIL_MSA

Resident EARNINGS_MSA

Group By DATE

Order By DATE;

Join(EMPLOYEES)

LOAD *,

[TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA'), [TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA]) as RETAILTRADE_MSA_Delta,

([TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA'), [TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA]))/[TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA] as [RETAILTRADE_MSA_%],

[TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA'), [TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA]) as CONSTR_MSA_Delta,

([TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA] - Alt(Peek('TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA'), [TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA]))/[TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA] as [CONSTR_MSA_%];

LOAD DATE,

Sum(RETAILTRADE_MSA) as TOTAL_RETAILTRADE_MSA,

Sum(CONSTR_MSA) as TOTAL_CONSTR_MSA

Resident EMPLOYEES

Group By DATE

Order By DATE;

0 Replies