Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is QlikView V10.0 Personal Edition is available for Personal use?

Hi

I just want to know whether QlikView V10.0 Personal Edition is available in the downloads section. Also I would like to know whether can we use it for our personal use same like QlikView V9.0(Personal Edition).

Currently I am using QlikView V9.0 with lease license. If I uninstall qv v9.0 and install qv v10.0(If personal edition is available) then I cannot be able to open apps which is not developed in my system. Am I right?

Hope those who are using qv v10.0(Personal edition) after using the licensed qlikview v9.0 can answer me.

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Both versions can coexist provided you set a different destination folder in the installation process. Apart from that, QV10 can use leased licenses as well. I cannot assure that it's going to take your lease from version 9, since it depends on the installation process, and it should work, since registry keys are different, so it's highly likely you will need to connect to server in order to lease a license again.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Miguel Angel Baeyens wrote:
Both versions can coexist provided you set a different destination folder in the installation process. Apart from that, QV10 can use leased licenses as well. I cannot assure that it's going to take your lease from version 9, since it depends on the installation process, and it should work, since registry keys are different, so it's highly likely you will need to connect to server in order to lease a license again. <div></div>

Do you mean to say that I can install qv10(in different destination folder) on the same system where qv9 is already been installed. Also you mean to say that I can use qv9 and as well as qv10 on the same machine. Also you mean to say that I can use leased lienses for qv10 as well by connecting it to the server. Have I understood correctly?

If not please let me know where I am wrong please. As I am planning to install qv 10 on the same machine where qv 9 is installed. Hope things will not go wrong.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Actually is how I'm working, since we have customers with different versions (even the same version in 32 bits and 64 bits) of QlikView, to avoid compatibility issues as far as Desktop is concerned. You cannot have two running plugins nor servers, but you do with Desktops. Again, setting different folders in the installation process, not using the default folder. They are working fine so far.

And yes, you install version 10, you open in server and get a license leased if the server is so configured.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

You cannot have two running plugins nor servers, but you do with Desktops. Again, setting different folders in the installation process, not using the default folder. They are working fine so far. <div></div>

Sorry! Still I am not very sure! Did you mean that I cannot install both the version of QV on the same machin?

Again, setting different folders in the installation process, not using the default folder. They are working fine so far. <div></div>

Here you have mean to say that by setting different folders in the installation process you can have both the versions of qlikview on the same machine. But my question is it is contradicting with your not above.

I am so sorry if my questions are very silly! I justed wanted to make sure of everything if need to install both the version of qv on the same machine.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Attitude wrote:Sorry! Still I am not very sure! Did you mean that I cannot install both the version of QV on the same machin?

It does mean that I've several different versions of the Desktop application running fine without issues.

Attitude wrote:Here you have mean to say that by setting different folders in the installation process you can have both the versions of qlikview on the same machine. But my question is it is contradicting with your not above.

As in many other Windows installer, QlikView Desktop installer allows you to select a different destination folder for your installation. Just set that folder in the installation process. I don't see any contradiction: several versions of QlikView Desktop running in the same computer just fine.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

As in many other Windows installer, QlikView Desktop installer allows you to select a different destination folder for your installation. Just set that folder in the installation process. I don't see any contradiction: several versions of QlikView Desktop running in the same computer just fine. <div></div>

As per your note I will install QV10 on the same machine with different destination folder where QV9 is already installed which is running with the leased licenses. Hopefully I will get the leased licenses for QV10 as well when I connect to the server.

Hope I am going to do the right thing here Miguel! 🙂

Looks like as you have worked on QV10 you can help me out here as well.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/42589.aspx