4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2015 5:01 AM by Kevin Stanfield RSS

Identifying & applying expressions to each level of a hierarchy

Kevin Stanfield

Hi,

I’ve been trying to figure out a way of adding some logic that allows 3 separate straight tables to be produced each showing what is effectively a level of a hierarchy based on Group name (level 1), Corp Name (level 2) & Account(level 3).

This is probably easier to explain using an example.

Group Name                      Corp Name                         Account               Margin

ABC                                        ABC1                                     1234567                £100

ABC                                        ABC2                                     2345678                £200

CBA                                        7654321                £75

CBA                                        8765432                £75

9876543                £10

So the first table would sum margin at Group Name level =£300

I want the next table to be populated only for customers where in the hierarchy there is no Group Name i.e. CBA sum margin= £150 for them and lastly a 3rd table to be populated with customers who have no Group Name and no Corp Name i.e. their highest level in the hierarchy is Account 9876543 sum margin =£10

I’m sure there must be an easy way of doing this but after numerous hours banging my head against the wall (& searching qlik community/you tube) I’ve not got it.

I want all 3 tables to show all the time so this is not a conditional layout issue.

Please note that I’m self-taught,non-techie QlikView user so if possible keep those answers simple.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Kevin