2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2011 8:51 AM by shayan.rahnama RSS

How do I extract start/end dates in a calendar slider for use in a formula?

shayan.rahnama

I have a table of data that represents a task that runs every few days for a few hours. I have data for 1 year - the task is sporadic. I am using a slider object to select subsets of data for reporting, etc., so that slider is set to 'field' mode as I want it to act as a selection on a field in my table.

In addition, I would like to show the percentage of time in the period selected by the slider that the task is running.

For example, if I have selected one week in which my data is:

Tuesday: 2 hrs, Wed: 5 hrs, Friday: 6 hrs.

I would like the percentage of time to show (2 + 5 + 6) / (7 * 24).

The issue I'm having is that I'm not able to use the slider as both a field and a variable. When I use it as a field, I'm not able to use the start and end dates in the formula for the "percentage running time" chart. When I use it as a multi-variable, the selection doesn't limit the number of data points to just that week.

The closest thing I've been able to do is to use the min/max on the data itself, but the issue is that the denominator in my '% running time' chart is then only the time between Tuesday and Friday.

Please let me know if there's any way I can use the start/end on a field slider in a formula..