Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excel Save & Send as Attachment

Hey guys,

After opening a report in IE to Excel and Sending Using E-mail the attachment that is in the email is a .aspx and the person getting the email cannot open it. If we save the attachment first then hit Send Using E-mail it will send as an Excel document. My question is, is there anyway to have the report automatically open in Excel so we don't have to go through the process of saving it every time?

Browser: IE 11

Office 2010 x64

Thanks!

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

What release of QlikView are you trying this on?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Version 11.20.12577.0 SR8

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

That version shouldn't have the URL issue that has been reported as a bug in 11.20. However,

I don't follow what is happening.

Most cases if you are clicking on an object and to a send to Excel you should get the below.

2.png

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Once you hit open and it opens in Excel, we go to File>Save & Send>Send as Attachment it opens an Outlook but the attachment is an .aspx attachment and not a .xls.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Robert,

That is an issue with Excel and not Qlik. You will have to save the excel file and then email it.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

That's kind of what I figured. Thanks for the help!

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi roboOEM1

What was the issue with excel file? Curious to know. Thank you.