My client is having Window Server 2008 standard, Service pack 2 64 bit window , RAM 8 GB Hardware x64,
Need one Clarity that Same server I can install on my laptop which is having Window 7 64 bit, 4 GB RAM and Hardware x64bit. So why not on Window Server 2008 standard, Service pack 2 64 bit window??
Windows Server 2008 has the same kernel as Vista and is available for both 32 and 64 bit platforms. Windows Server 2008 R2 has the same kernel as Windows 7 x64 and is available only for 64 bit platforms. As we do support on a client OS as well only Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 but no Vista anymore, we won't support older kernels for a Server as well.
This is the system requirement view:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit version only)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit version only)
Let us know if you have any further questions.