HI everyone, I'm hoping you can help, I have data that look likes below:

OrderIDOrderDateShipDate
11/1/20153/5/2015
21/30/2015
32/5/20153/10/2015
46/5/20156/10/2015
56/7/20157/5/2015
67/1/2015

What I am trying to do, is looking at a specific month, I want to see all orders ordered before that month, that could have shipped the current month but didn't.

For Example:

When looking at February - I have one order that was ordered before that month, but didn't ship the month it was ordered (which is a separate table in my App) and it wasn't shipped in February. Because it is a null field, if I select a ShipMonth of February it would go away, and if I select an OrderMonth of February, it would go away. However I DON'T want the order in July to appear in this selection, because it didn't have the potential to ship in February.

So if I selected August. both the order in February and the Order in July should show up.

How do I get this to work?

Right now I have:

=IF(IsNull(ShipDate) and (Month(OrderDate)<GetCurrentSelections(ShipMonth)), OrderDate)

If I eliminate the third part of the IF Statement, and keep it to just:

=IF(IsNull(ShipDate), OrderDate)

I get every order that hasn't shipped, but I really need to make the Month selection and look at everything that was ordered prior to the month I select.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We actually ended up creating a Flag (0 or 1) to show whether or not it has a piece of data or not - and then used set analysis to show only the fields that did or did not have information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nulls are a pain to work with so the right thing to do is to replace them with values that can be selected. Once you've done that it becomes a lot easier to show the orders that didn't ship in the selected month or before. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

When you select february, shouldn't also IDs 1 and 3 be shown together with 2, because all 3 orders where ordered february or before, but not delivered until end of february.

I would assume, that a NULL in ship date would need to be regarded same as a ship date later than february when focusing on the question 'shipped until selection'. Maybe I am wrong, of course.

If you are in fact interested in something like this, attached an approach for that kind of analysis.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi altoole105

Please select Correct Answer.

Not applicable
Author

We actually ended up creating a Flag (0 or 1) to show whether or not it has a piece of data or not - and then used set analysis to show only the fields that did or did not have information.