2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2015 8:03 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

Question on license_allocation_xml

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

our QlikViewServer is set to generate an xml with the data on license_allocation, same as the .pgo file. In that file, however, there are duplicates. So the association of an additional information - which team the holder of a licence belongs to - does not work.

The issue is, there can be duplicates in the AD - whatever kind of table that actually is - with only one active.

<=> The QlikView_license_allocation dialog, afaIk, pulls the names from the AD, no?
              (I'm just about to test whether the duplicates are there, I've taken a licence from one person I know to be duplicated in the resulting
               .xml file and I will reassign it to him and see) - well, no, that dialog does not show me the duplicate;

=> Can it be that that .xml file is not actually overwritten, but only appended to and thus it contains outdated names?

=> What triggers that .xml file to be written?
      `     (knowing that, I could have it deleted, thus removing the outdated names)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

• Re: Question on license_allocation_xml
          Bill Britt

HI,

They may have two license because they have leased a license from two different machines. Like their local machine and maybe on the server where they open a document with the desktop client..

Bill

• Re: Question on license_allocation_xml
              Friedrich Hofmann

Hi Bill,

I am quite sure they have only the licenses that I have given to them. That is not the issue.

The issue is definitely duplicate names. That's why I asked what triggers QlikViewServer to generate this pgo (or .xml) file?

I have already confirmed that the dialog for assigning licenses does not show duplicates - only one of the two (in those two examples I have tested) - so I guess there are old names in the xml which are not pulled from the AD - although they are there, only they are inactive - that dialog recognizes that, so I guess that wouldn't end up in a fresh xml file.

Best regards,

DataNibbler