6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2016 1:00 PM by Klas Lavenius RSS

Service Dispatcher sending out thousands of Windows App Log messages

My installation appears to be working perfectly and the users are happy with the system. However, the Qlik Service Dispatcher is generating several messages per second into the Windows application log. They contain the message: Received SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATION and uses Event 300. They are informational messages, but they are overwhelming the logging service.

I googled online and it says this message is often caused when a service is started from NET.exe (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/320789). NET START sends out the interrogation message noted to see if the service started. The MS KB article says that error messages are caused by a failure to handle this interrogatory request. It suggests services started from the Service Control Panel App do not show this message, because it checks status a different way. However, I am starting the service from the Services App and still getting the message.

Obviously, if I stop the Dispatcher, the messages stop - but this is not a solution! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave (working with Kunbi)