- Does the NPrinting Admin user have rights to create files to that directory?
- Does that path exist (in lots of servers, either there is no c drive, or it's locked down
- Is there sufficient disk space to create the log file
- If you run a task manually from the NPrinting Designer (client), do you see the log file being generated in the "Details" window in the middle of the NPrinting window?
It's possible that you are using the same path to the log file and using the same name for the log file. If the NPrinting designer log file is open when the Server log file attempts to generate, then nothing can be written to the log file.
To ensure you are able to write to the log file.
1. Change the Name of the server log file to something like NPrintingSVC
2. Change the path of the log files away in the NPrinting server management console options from the public folder to a location on the drive the also contains your templates. see below for examples:
3. After updating the log file name and path, stop the NPrinting service using the NPrinting server management console
4. Start the service from the NPrinting management console.
5. View the log files in the newly created log folder.
If the issue persists, please contact the support desk at the link below.