0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2015 5:26 AM by Patric Amatulli RSS

Qlikview Extension - SelectTextsInColumn

Patric Amatulli

Hi folk,

I am encountering a problem when I try to select multiple values in multiple fields via extension.

The problem is that for the first 2 fields it is working fine, but when it comes to the 3thd field i get an updating message error from qlikview:

UDATING TRY AGAIN message....Is it going to fast? How I can avoid such behaviour?

Is there a limitation when I try to select multiple fields value from an extension, where multiple means >2 fields.

Thanks for your help!

This is the snippet .js code which I use for that purpose:

//PAM: Parse QvKey, and set Selection based on the Dimension behind the extension

for(var i=0; i< splitted.length-1; i++){

//PAM: Split Key and Values

keyEntry =splitted[i];  

pos = splitted[i].indexOf(':');

selectedValues = keyEntry.substring(pos+1);

selectedField =  keyEntry.substring(0, pos);          

//PAM: Loop the dimensions setting in the extension              

for(var j=0; j< _this.Data.HeaderRows[0].length-1; j++)

{  

//PAM: Check if the KeyField is equal to the dimension field

if(selectedField==_this.Data.HeaderRows[0][j].text){

//PAM: Apply selection, whereby the Values have to be converted into an array for multiple values selection

_this.Data.SelectTextsInColumn(j, true,valuesToArray(selectedValues));

//HERE I APPLY THE SELECTION IN QLIK!                       

break;

};  

}                  

}