Is the user that the nprinting service account is running under the same user as when you run from designer? When you run from designer, are you on the server where the nprinting service is located?
The account the nprinting service is running under should be dedicated and should have its own non-leased QlikView license
Is E: a mapped drive? Nprinting does not recommend mapped drives and UNC pathing should be used
please see the article below regarding requirements and troubleshooting steps
1. The server or computer where the QVW's are stored needs to be rebooted
2. The QVW is protected by section access. If yes, please use section access credentials in the NPrinting source connection when section access is contained in the QVW
3. The path to the QVP connection is invalid. Open the QVW using the NPrinting service account to test this. If the QVW cannot be opened, then there is a permissions problem with the NPrinting Server service account
See Troubleshooting the NPrinting server service and service account
4. The QV Desktop where the QVWs are stored needs needs to be repaired or reinstalled
5. Another process is closing or locking the QVW during the execution of an automated schedule. Check QV server and other potential external tasks and processes that might be locking the QVW.
6. Check that your report template is NOT blocked. Right-click on the file and choose 'Properties' from the context menu. Select the 'General' tab. In the security section at the bottom, click 'Unblock'.
If you continue to experience the issue after addressing the above, please contact the support desk at the link below to further investigate this issue: