cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

security rules to access unpublished app

Hi all,

jog

I have created a security rule where some users can only view the app not to update in published app.

As, i need to add the some more sheets to the app. every time i need to delete the old app and add new app for sheets to appear in base sheets.

So, Can i have the rule where some users can only view the unpublished app, not to update, delete or create new app/app objects.

Regards,

Pramod

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Kumar,

Is the issue that you don't want to replace an app in a stream?  You don't need to delete the old app.  Make a duplicate that you own but is not published.  Publish this app to the stream with your security rule.  When you make changes to the unpublished app, click publish and check the replace check box.  This will replace the version you specify from the list of apps.

Giving multiple users access to an unpublished app is not supported because of potential locking issues with updating content / refreshes.

jg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply jeff.

If i do like this the binary name of the app will change or it will remain same.

as i am accessing the app through the binary name.

The sheets still appears in my sheets and the sheet won't list under the base sheets.

Regards,

Pramod

Not applicable
Author

Should remain the same as the app being published.  So the duplicate that you are creating is going to be the guid you will want to use for your binary loads.  As you publish, that guid will still be the same.

jg