Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get Qlikview NPrinting

Hello,

Now, I only have a license for Qlikview Personal Edition, and I go well with it. But I need to export my documents to html (web) or pdf. For this I've read that is needed Qlikview NPrinting, but I can't buy only a license for it because I will need Qlikview Server.. am I wrong?

My question is: what should I require for having the same features as Qlikview PE but with exporting to html and pdf, and how much will it cost?

Thanks you!!

Júlia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Julia,

You can do it through macro for HTML export and report action for pdf.

To HTML:

The macro is quite simple

set cs = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("myObjectId")
cs.ExportHtml "C:\test.html"

For PDF Export:

Create a report in QVW (go to Reports > Edit Reports...). Click Add, then give name of the new report. Click Edit and drag objects over from your QVW on to the report. You can use banding to cycle through dim values, etc.

Once done, you can add a button on your sheet with the action type of "Print Report". For Report ID, specify from the earlier step...it will be called something like RP01 for your first report. No macros required here. This allows users to obtain PDFs on they fly.

Thanks

Kiru

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Julia -

You will need QlikView Desktop, not necessarily QlikView Server. NPrinting does not support Personal Edition. See the following document for technical requirements: Requirements for NPrinting 14 and following versions

As far as the cost, you should contact your QlikView account manager or the Qlik Sales Department here: http://www.qlik.com/us/overlay/contact-sales

Not applicable
Author

Hello Julia,

You can do it through macro for HTML export and report action for pdf.

To HTML:

The macro is quite simple

set cs = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("myObjectId")
cs.ExportHtml "C:\test.html"

For PDF Export:

Create a report in QVW (go to Reports > Edit Reports...). Click Add, then give name of the new report. Click Edit and drag objects over from your QVW on to the report. You can use banding to cycle through dim values, etc.

Once done, you can add a button on your sheet with the action type of "Print Report". For Report ID, specify from the earlier step...it will be called something like RP01 for your first report. No macros required here. This allows users to obtain PDFs on they fly.

Thanks

Kiru

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

thanks for the answer, where should I put this macro? I never used one on Qlikview.

Thank you!!

Not applicable
Author

If i create one, for example in a button and I prove it, it says: "An object 'cs' is required

Not applicable
Author

I found that I couldn't export an entirely sheet, but yes an object, but when I try to export it it says: Error writing data into C:\test.html.

Another thing, can I export the entire sheet?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please have a look at the attached application!

Open the application and press control + m to get into  edit module and there you need to copy past this macro.

In the button in the front page, you need to call the macro you just created for button click event.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello!

Can you pass me a screenshot? I have the free version so I can't open it... Thanks!!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi please have a look at the attached images

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thnaks!!