Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

number of Dots in Scatter Chart don't match number of rows in table

Hi,

I have a straight table tied to an inline table which has values (all, 5, 10).

I've written a expression to read off of aninline table to only show the top 5 rows(based on rank).  The expression works great - when I click on 5 - only 5 rows show.

On the same tab - I have a scatter plot - when I click 5 and my straight table reduces to 5 - I would expect my scatter plot to reduce to 5 dots as well - however, it stays the same.  I've also tried adding the same expression to the chart, but it doesn't seem to help.

if I then select the 5 rows in the table, the chart then gets updated.

Is there a way to have my chart update to 5 dots when I click on the inline table?

Any help/guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks,

qliknewboaktree

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I syour first expression on which the restriction will be applied the same and no typos or errors by the rank variable/expression?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,
the expression in the chart is exactly the same as in the table - no errors.

TopX is the inline table

if(CSSort='Coupon' and [Top X]=20,(rank(total [CS Coupon])<=5),  if(CSSort='Coupon' and [Top X]=50,(rank(total [CS Coupon])<=10),  if(CSSort='DM' and [Top X]=20,(rank(total [CS DMtoMat])<=5),  if(CSSort='DM' and [Top X]=50,(rank(total [CS DMtoMat])<=10),  if(CSSort='Liq Score' and [Top X]=20,(rank(total [CS Liquidity Score])<=5),  if(CSSort='Liq Score' and [Top X]=50,(rank(total [CS Liquidity Score])<=10),  if(CSSort='Prev MTD Ret' and [Top X]=20,(rank(total [CS TotRtn])<=5),  if(CSSort='Prev MTD Ret' and [Top X]=50,(rank(total [CS TotRtn])<=10),    rank(total [CS Coupon])))))))))

marcus_sommer

The expression looked quite strange - there isn't no aggregation included within all the if-loops and most often it's better to apply those conditions only per selections.

I think you need more an approach like this Top 5 analysis using Rank fuction whereby within the most charts (unless pivot-table) you could simply use a simple expression like sum(value) and makes the top/flop settings within the options from tab restrictions.

- Marcus