Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting On Demand Extension Object

Hi Community,

Would anyone know where I could get an Extension Object for NPrinting On Demand?

Thanks

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

unfortuantely you need to ahve server isntalled to test on-demand - when you configure the NPrinting objects it calls a webservice shich is what in turn references the NPrinting service.  You can isntall the service on your developer machine to test as long as you have a server license

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

when you run the isntall executable there are options that ask what you want to isntall - there are seperate options for client/designer, on demand extensions and the service

Not applicable
Author

NPrinting On-Demand: Installation

this article goes into further detail

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,  thanks for the response.

I have NPrinting installed on my machine, and QlikView.   What I am looking for is a button type extension object for On Demand, so I can attach it to my QVW and test the On Demand service.

Thanks

Peter

Not applicable
Author

you will need to swith to Web view within the clickview application.  Right-click on the sheet and select add new object.  On the bottom portion of the screen the will be a heading for extensions.  Expand that and you should see 3 extensions

Not applicable
Author

the 3 extension objects are NPrinting Queue, Report, and task - the tutorials attached will tell you how to configure each - I would recommend starting with Queue and report

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Is there a way that I can test without having the server installed?  I have Developer installed but not the server.

Not applicable
Author

unfortuantely you need to ahve server isntalled to test on-demand - when you configure the NPrinting objects it calls a webservice shich is what in turn references the NPrinting service.  You can isntall the service on your developer machine to test as long as you have a server license

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I thought that was the case, hoping otherwise though.

Thanks Adam

Not applicable
Author

what about looking into getting a trial license of server if you need to test but do not want to purchase yet,  or just so you can test