Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezec1807
Creator
Creator

Store Table with extension ".csv" to "Western European" format. (Store de Tabla con extensión ".csv" en formato "Western European".)

Good afternoon! How are you? When I do a table setting Store ANSI, the exported file (.CSV extension) open with me "UTF-8" format. I need somebody please tell me how to do the Store with "Western European" format.

Thank you!!!

Script line of code:

store into test .. \ .. \ .. \ USR_FILES \ RENTA_prueba.CSV (ANSI codepage is 1252, delimiter is ';');

Translated with Google Translate - Qlik Community Administrative Team

Buenas tardes! Cómo están? Cuando hago un Store de una tabla poniendo ANSI, el archivo que exporto (con extensión .CSV) me lo abre con formato "UTF-8". Necesito por favor que alguien me diga cómo hago para hacer el Store con formato "Western European".

Muchas gracias!!!

Línea de código en Script:

store prueba into ..\..\..\USR_FILES\RENTA_prueba.CSV(ANSI, codepage is 1252, delimiter is ';');

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not possible directly within a store-statement - you will need some workarounds. Have a look here:

How store txt in ANSI ?

ANSI coding in textfile from macro

- Marcus

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

Good Marcus ! How are you? We clarify that I'm doing export of a " .CSV " extension. I tried to change the coding of export in the "export " tab did not work out . Now I made a macro contained in one of the links you passed me and turned out! The issue is that I have to run the macro from the script. You can tell me how to call a table created in the script instead of the object that is on the macro.

"

September tableObject = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject ( " TB01 " )
tableObject.Export "C: \ test.csv " , "" , 0

"

Thanks a lot for the help!!!
Cheers,
Ezequiel

marcus_sommer

You couldn't run this kind of macro (which in script needs to be wrapped in a function) within the script-load because it needed an ActiveDocument which didn't exists before the reload is finished - therefore you need to trigger it externally per batch-statement or within the server-qmc per execute-statement.

If you have many from such tasks or are the amounts of data quite big then it could be worthful to consider third-party tools (for converting - the macro-solution from the above links worked but is really slow) or to change your workflow to utf-8 files or maybe to xml (export as qvx).

- Marcus

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Marcus !
I asked if a macro can be called to the fields of a table generated from the Script.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Ezequiel

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi use the below statement.

Store mytable into xyz.CSV(txt);

marcus_sommer

Within the gui you could put only those fields which you needs in a tablebox and exports this object. You might need an additionally unique record-id maybe created with rowno() within the script then a tablebox will hide duplicates from your choosen field-combination.

Maybe it could be an alternatively for you to write your qv-output in a database and export it from them - if the database isn't already your target-system, see for example: Write Back to Database via ETL process (using CSV or XML)

- Marcus

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

The problem is that such export in ANSI ( 1252 ) format from the need to perform the ETL, because it is a task that must be carried out alone and will be automated in the console. So I tried to make a macro ( that worked), but if I automate the execution of .qvw , not the macro does not run.
Thanks Marcus !!!

Cheers,
Ezequiel

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello! And I tried putting xyz.CSV (txt ) ... and I do not save in ANSI ( 1252 ) format.

Thank you!!!

Cheers,
Ezequiel