5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2015 11:58 AM by Peter Cammaert RSS

I am unable to start the qlikview services, only Qlikviewserver is able to start.

On one of our servers I am unable to start the qlikview services, only the qlikview server is starting without any problem.

the error message is:

When starting the webservice:

the qlikview webserver service on local computer started and then stopped.

Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

When starting the management service:

No error message.

It looks like the service is starting, but after a few seconds it stops running.

When starting the directory service connector:

the qlikview directory service connector service on local computer started and then stopped.

Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

When starting the distribution service:

Windows could not start the Qlikview distribution service service on local computer

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

It is on windows 2012R2

11.20 SR9

I have already rebooted the server.

checked the rights of the user.

He is member of local admins and qlikview administrators.

run the netfxrepairtool (to repair the .net framework.

Any help would be higly appreciated.

I am also not sure in which forum I should place this request.

• Re: I am unable to start the qlikview services, only Qlikviewserver is able to start.
          Peter Cammaert

All QlikView Services can be started alone (or placed on separate machines for that matter), so they will not necessarily stop because another one isn't running.

Each service generates a log file. Check C:\ProgramData\QlikTech and navigate into every folder of a service that fails to start. The logs should be easy to find. Open the most recent log file and look for messages about not being able to start. For QlikViewServer, check the latest Events* log.

QlikView->Management is a more appropriate forum, I think

Peter

• Re: I am unable to start the qlikview services, only Qlikviewserver is able to start.
            Colin Albert

You say this happens on one of your servers - Do you have QlikView on more than one server?
            If so, do they each have a separate licence?

Have you checked the log files in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech ?

There will be a 1\Log folder for each service containing the text logs. Look at the end of the most recent log

thanks for your reply.

the management service has this in the logfile:

8-8-2015 15:57:44.5711600 Information Attempting to start QMS soap server at port 4799...

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8211674 Error Failed to start backend web server. System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Operation is not supported on this platform. || at System.Net.HttpListener..ctor() || at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedHttpTransportManager.OnOpen() || at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener) || at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback) || at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelListener`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) || at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) || at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) || at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) || at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) || at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) || at PIX.Services.ServiceSupport.QTServiceSupport.StartSoapService(Object serviceImpl, Int32 soapPort, QTServiceType mainServiceType, QTServiceType[] additionalServiceTypes) || at PIX.Services.ServiceSupport.ServiceImplBase.StartRegularSoapService() || at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.StartupAPI() || at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.OpenAPIServiceHost(Int32 rootLogID)

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8211674 Information Echoing system information:

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8367985 Information LogSettings=

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8367985 Information DB ConfigPath=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\qvpr_ADP01.ini

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8367985 Information DB Provider=Xml

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8367985 Information DB BaseDir=

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8367985 Information DB DataBaseName=QVPR

28-8-2015 15:57:44.8367985 Information Attempting to start QMS soap server at port 4799...

28-8-2015 15:57:44.9305407 Information QlikView Management Service Initialization failed, service stopped. Reason: Operation is not supported on this platform.

28-8-2015 15:57:44.9305407 Information Attempting to start QMS soap server at port 4799...