Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restricting access to users within QMC

All,

I would like to allow a number of different users have a capability to run specific tasks within QMC.

I have QVSOURCEDOC folder where all source apps are places. Each app will be in its own subfolder. Also, each app is during distribution process mounted to its respective subfolder under QVUSERDOC folder.

e.g.

QVSOURCEDOC

App1

app1.qvw

App2

app2.qvw

App3

app3.qvw

QVUSERDOC

App1

App2

App3

User/User group 1 should have access only to App1 files within both QV folders. User 2 for app2, etc. I, as the admin, need to have a capability to run and administer them all.

What is the best approach to achieve this state? Shall I for each App create a new Source Folder and then add Document Administrator? And then same under QVS, Folder Access for each mount folder?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

It is a lot of work to do this for just one app, but yes this is the best way to do it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

It is a lot of work to do this for just one app, but yes this is the best way to do it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

thanks. Ya, indeed, it worked. I tested it out.

Marko