cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help on Section Access

Hi Friends,

I need a help on section access.

I got a requirement to implement section access with fields "name" and "emp I'd".

Can i implement section access with those fields rather than the fields like userid and password?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Thanks,

Nani.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

This will help you: Section Access and you should read it carefully - especially the tip with Backup's.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply..

As per my knowledge we can not provide security through section access with out using any of the fields in Access restriction table wizard.

is it correct?

Thanks,

Nani

marcus_sommer

Beside the mandatory ACCESS field will be at least one field needed for the authentication maybe NTNAME or USER and then a field which is directly linked to the data or to one or several bridge-tables which are linking one or more fields to the data. This is for horizontally restrictions. Vertically restrictions will be made per OMIT field.

I suggest you rebuild one or several of the examples within the introduction-link to learn how it worked and then extend it with more complexity step by step regarding to your real-case.

- Marcus

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Nani,

Please check this:

Sheet level access

Type of Security

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nani,

Section access is used for two purposes:

1. To authenticate the current user.  This part is mandatory, and authentication can be done either using field NTNAME,or USERID (typically with PASSWORD but technically it is not required.

2. The second purpose is optional, it is data reduction.  You can use field with any names for the data reduction, the only requirement is that the field names must be all capital, e.g. "NAME" rather than 'name".  As for the space in field name like "EMP ID" - I'd rather avoid spaces and any other characters except letters and numbers, just in case.  And, the values of the fields must also be all capital, e.g. 'NANI' not 'Nani'.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You can also control it through an excel sheet by mapping field with respective employee id.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Imran Khan