You should be storing the values set in your slider in 2 separate variables for use in your charts.
As an intermediary step to troubleshoot your issue
1. SET vMInSalary=10000
2. SET vMaxSalary=50000
In your data script then
3. In your limitation set your exact value >=vMInSalary
IF your table displays corrEctly then move on to wiring your variable into your slider extension and testing the value changing in the front end. If that extension is not working another one you can use is called qsvaraible
Hope this helps you investigate your issue further
I found a way to get the slider working.
1. First I defined the minimum and maximum salary in the script as vLower and vUpper respectively.
2. Then I defined the ranges in the slider
(In the "Variable for Lower Values", I wrote vLower and in the "Variable for Upper Value" vUpper) and in the "Lower Value" the minimum salary and "Upper Value" the maximum salary.
3. Then I created a table with dimension Employee and in the measure I wrote the following set analysis
if (sum(salary)>= vLower and sum(salary)<= vUpper, sum(salary))
4. Now when I move the Slider to define different salary ranges, I can see that the table limits the employees with that salary range.
Nevertheless thanks for your help.