Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Resident load clarification

I am trying to understand the resident load by using below link.Country table has 5 columns and calculation table has 2 columns.

Doubt:why in step 11[ Sheet property window] in above link is showing 5 columns instead of 6 columns.

Resident Load in QlikView

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vamsi,

Please elaborate on your query.

As per my understanding data is extracted from source is 5 columns and resident load is having two columns

([Country Name] and aggregation field).

[Country Name] field is common field between Country table( 5 columns) and Calculation table( 2 columns),so 

they will be totally 6 columns.

Regards

Neetha

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I think there are 6 fields because

- 5 fields from excel (Country table)

- 1 field (Calculation table, red arrow) from the new Calculation table loaded with the resident from Country table

1.png

Not applicable
Author

In sheet properties country name  refers to which table (country table or calculation table).How qlikview  will decide

maxgro
MVP
MVP

both

the field is the field of all the tables

maybe an example can explain

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vamsi,

Country Name is acts like Connecting(Association) Column between two tables. Resident load means loading data from existing table.

If you see in Step 10, they extract Country name field again in [calculation table],  that's why it appears with key symbol.

Not applicable
Author

qlikview will link tables together based on the same field name between the 2 tables.  It is important to remember not to have multiple fields of the same name in more than one table - qlikview will always try to link tables based on column field names and if you have more than 1 common field name, you get a synthetic key relationship, which is something you do not want and should avoid

resident loads allows you to access a table (and then fields within the table) by accessing it within the system and not ahving to re-read the file in again (like it was originally read in)