Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you keep a value from displaying on the Slider?

Hi Qlikview Experts,

I have a simple line chart where the dimension is CategoryA, which has the following values: ABC, DEF, GHI. I have a slider for the user to select which range of dimensions to display. I configured the chart to always include GHI. Because GHI is always included, it is redundant to display GHI on the slider. In order to work around this, I created an additional column, CategoryA_1, where the value is blank where CategoryA=GHI. I then use this field, CategoryA_1, for my slider. Problem is using CategoryA_1 is excludes the dimension, GHI.

My data looks like this:

CategoryACategoryA_1CategoryBData
ABCABCApple2
ABCABCApple10
ABCABCOrange5
DEFDEFApple20
DEFDEFOrange10
GHIApple5
GHIApple20
GHIOrange5

Please see attached.

Hoping for any advice! Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Didn't get an answer but figured it out - apparently I had so many fields and I missed seeing <Expression> from the Field dropdown of the Slider/Calender Object Properties. So I simply did =if(CategoryA<>'GHI',CategoryA)  and that solved it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know a solution to the above? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Didn't get an answer but figured it out - apparently I had so many fields and I missed seeing <Expression> from the Field dropdown of the Slider/Calender Object Properties. So I simply did =if(CategoryA<>'GHI',CategoryA)  and that solved it.