Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense Map-Object

Hello Community

I'm evaluating QlikSense for one of our customers and for an Use-Case i'm using the Map-Object. Since my customer is dealing with sensitive Data, he's concerned about in which way QlikSense communicates with the internet.

Does anyone know, what QlikSense sends to the Map deliverer (in my example OpenStreetMap) exactly?

Thanx in advance

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

In Qlik Sense ; The MAP object is only using the map provider to display the map and does'nt send data to the map provider. This not the same than in google map for exemple , in that's case you send your data to google.

Then Qlik Sense just display your own data in this map using geolocated point or shape area.

If you don't want to use map object and use a map deliver service you may find on Qlik Branch an extension that's use SVG.

It's allow you to create a map in SVG format in a dedicated software then import the svg file and display your data points or area in this svg map.

Regards

Bruno

View solution in original post

3 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

In Qlik Sense ; The MAP object is only using the map provider to display the map and does'nt send data to the map provider. This not the same than in google map for exemple , in that's case you send your data to google.

Then Qlik Sense just display your own data in this map using geolocated point or shape area.

If you don't want to use map object and use a map deliver service you may find on Qlik Branch an extension that's use SVG.

It's allow you to create a map in SVG format in a dedicated software then import the svg file and display your data points or area in this svg map.

Regards

Bruno

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bruno

Sounds good to me, and hopefully also for the customer. And i'll give it a try with SVG add-on!

Thanx for the quick answer, Bruno.

Chris

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

it's a pleasure to help

find the svg extension here :

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?581-Qlik-Sense-SVG-Reader&highlight=svg

developped by brianwmunz

In another way depending of your requirments there is also commercials map extension object provided by idevio or QlickMAP. It's up to you to ask them there own specifications.

Regards

Bruno