Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louwriet
Creator
Creator

QV Mail, CIA reports or NPrinting

Hi All,

I need to inverst in a 3 party tool to create proper report packs sourcing data out of my existing QV documents, but it would be nice also that this tool must be able to get data directly out of SQL Server databases ect. and excel sheets.  Your tipical ODBC connecitons.

Then i would like to schedule these reports and either email them to a list of customers in excel, word or pdf format or upload these reports to a FTP folder.

I am thinking back to 'Crystall reports' type of tool where you can create reports that can be presented to exec level. I did search and came across a couple of threads discussing NPrinting that is now part of Qlik and also had a look at QV mail , QV report and a bit about CIA reports. All of these look like possible candidates.

I am uncertain about a couple of things.

Do you need QV Small business or enteprise server or publisher for distribution of these reports. Obviously i ask this question because i am thinking of cost.

To give an example : would i be able to develop a report on my laptop with report desighner and then schedule(publish) this report on a server ?

would like a desktop designer and server distribution componant that dont need to be integrated with QV ent or small buss server ?

Would reallly appreciate some advice and direction. Also the thought of Azure as sever for this purpose.

Regards

Louwrie

0 Replies