Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Details to raise access for Named CAL and Doc CAL

If admin wants to associate a Named CAL to a user/Developer ,What information do we need to give for admin for raising access

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I understand your question correctly, an admin needs access to the QMC, needs an AD account name (or proper identification if you are using another DSC) to assign a CAL to and - in case of a Document CAL, needs the name of the document to assign the Doc CAL to.

Not applicable
Author

Currently we are yet to do the QV installation. Before that to finalize on the licenses,We would require User Information also right so thought of checking what details related to the user we need to give.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess you probably already decided on how many licenses to buy with your QlikView Server. For the Named CALs, I think you already have a list of users that will receive a Named CAL from the start. You can hand over that list - together with AD accountnames to the administrator doing the installation.

Assigning Doc CALs is part of the publication process (putting a document in the AccessPoint), and since you cannot publish doculments as of yet, you can wait with handing over the list of Doc CAL users for a particular document until that document is going to be published.

You may want to create a few formal procedures (what is needed before something can be published/released/reloaded on QlikView Server, what are the various roles involved in the operation/maintenance of your QlikView Server, who is going to sign off on critical changes/steps etc.) so that everone knows what is expected from him/her and how things are done with respect to QlikView and your companies business intelligence infrastructure.

Peter