Its a bit difficult to understand what you are saying but let me try:
- The UserID that was used to install Qlik Sense is by default the Root Admin.
- You can make yourself a root admin, by having the initial root admin user log into QMC, go to users, edit your userID and change your role to RootAdmin
- Then you will have access to all QMC features yourself
- This will allow you to sync users from excel and do other administrative tasks
First you need to be made a RootAdmin (Security Admin will also work but sounds like you should be root).
Já fiz isso, tenho 2 usuários root admin mas meu problema é no Hub, ele ja entra no usuario Admin mas eu qro deslogar ele e logar no outro usuario que criei, mas não dá, ele não desloga do usuário admin, até desloga mas quando abro novamente ele entra no mesmo usuário automaticamente, não da pra trocar de usuário.
Não sei se o problema é no meu servidor, pois o servidor que o qlik foi instalado não tem acesso externo (web).
I've done it, I have two root admin users but my problem is the Hub, he already enters the Admin User but I qro log out it and log into another User who created it, but it does not, it does not log out of the admin user to log out but when open again he enters the same user automatically, not to switch users.
I do not know if the problem is on my server because the server that was installed Qlik has no external access (web).
I've used a few different ways, but note that I've seen inconsistent behavior between browsers and between Win 7 and Win 8. I use Windows 7 and these options work for me. Hope this helps.
(1) start a new IE window (not tab), and via your hub url, log in as the user of choice
(2) start a new Chrome window in Incognito mode, and via your hub url, log in as the user of choice
Have you closed IE altogether, relaunching it before trying to log in as a new user? In my experience too, the Logout feature in the Hub doesn't quite work, as when you select it to logout, it really doesn't appear to do anything. Another thing to try... close IE completely, then hold down Shift key and from Start menu right click on IE and select Run as Different User, then log into the IE session as the user, then enter your Hub link and log into the Hub as that user.
To switch users in Qlik Sense hub you need to close your browser and restart it. Make sure to close all tabs related to Qlik Sense. Then restart your browser and you're prompted to login with your Qlik Sense acount. You can only use domain users to login, so i.e. your Windows AD Account.
Hope this helps,
To get a dialogue asking you to log in your credentials each time instead of using your default user name in IE and Chrome you need to do the following:
1) Go to IE gear icon and select Internet options
2) Move to security and select Internet and/or Local intranet zones depending on how you access you QS site (can also be Trusted sites if QS site is in trusted, otherwise skip it)
3) Push custom level button and scroll down to the bottom of the list
4) Under User Authentication Logon list, select Prompt for user name and password
This will trick IE and Chrome (it uses IE set up) to ask for your user name and password each time you want to log in into qlik sense instead of using your defaults.