1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 1, 2015 10:32 AM by Henry Eaves RSS

    Budget Bar Chart Problem

    Henry Eaves

      hi guys, looking for some help here.

       

      I'm new to Qlikview but have managed to work out most things that I need for myself.

      I just cant get my head around linking my budget file though. Think I need to use applymap but could be wrong??

      I have a fact file with sales and stock data in it that I load from my database.

       

      so something like......

       

       

      LOAD
      vehicle as vehicle,
      fran as %fran,
      model as model,
      location as %location,
      exec as %exec,
      invdate as invdate,
      lprofitv as lprofitv,

      [new vehicles]:
      SELECT
      vehicle,
      fran,
      model,
      location,
      exec,
      invdate,
      lprofitv,

      FROM new_vehicles;

       

      No problems so far

       

      I then have a budget crosstable load like.

       

      budget:
      CrossTable(buddate, budData, 4)
      LOAD budlocn,
      fran,
      budmodel,
      stype,
      Jan,
      Feb,
      Mar,
      Apr,
      May,
      Jun,
      Jul,
      Aug,
      Sep,
      Oct,
      Nov,
      Dec

      FROM
      [C:\QlikView Development\ABC\49NVBud.xlsx]
      (
      ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

       

       

      I've got a simple bar chart with the units sold per invdate month and want to add the budget comparison alongside.

       

      Any help would be much appreciated.

       

       

      .

        • Re: Budget Bar Chart Problem
          Henry Eaves

          Think I worked this one out for myself or at least a workaround for myself.

           

          Essentially I gave up on the crosstable and loaded the budget into my SQL database.

           

          I then created a new table from the resident new vehicle table.

          Only selecting the fields that matched my budget file then I concatenated the budget file to the new table.

           

          On each of the tow loads I simply added a field to identify whether it was actual or budget and then used set analysis for the expressions in my chart.

           

          don't know if there was a better way of doing this but at least it works !!