Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formatting a calculated dimension value in NPrinting template

I am having difficulty formatting the values from a calculated dimension column within my Excel NPrinting template. I am trying to display a straight table from a qvw and I can change the formatting in all the columns that are expressions but the calculated dimensions are not formatting properly. For example, in the qvw straight table the calculated dimension column displays the value 8.8952%, but in the template I want to display only 8.9%. It doesn't work and stays 8.8952%. Anyone seen this issue? Any solutions?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

First thing is to double check and see if the keep source format option is set.  When you click on the field on the left hand side of the tempalte, the properties on the bottom will contain teh keep source format option - make sure that field is not checked

Not applicable
Author

I have already done this. To me it appears that the calculated dimensions are brought in as text and not values. Can't figure it out but it'd be nice to know that this can be done. Knowing so, I'll keep plugging away.

Not applicable
Author

do you also ahve a tempalte and nsq you can provide?

Not applicable
Author

I don't think I'd be able to do that. Was just curious if anyone experienced some quirks when trying to display columns using calculated dimensions vs. expressions from the same table object.

Not applicable
Author

my exprience with calculated dimesnions resulted in my dimension being text values, such as uses this company name or that company name, so I have not expreienced any foramtting issues