Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Structure

Hello dears

I am new to Qlikview Solution. i have some experience with SSRS, but unfortunately i have never been in touch with Qlik. now, i am in a situation to choose a solution for my company. the first thing i need to know is data structure of different solutions. i know that SSRS is able to work with multi dimensional data. but i have heard that solutions like tableau and qlikview are not multi dimensional supportive. i know that both of them are able to connect to a cube but i have heard that in reality they change data structure to some thing like a tabular model.  is that true? if not, would you describe how?

regards

Mana

1 Reply
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is indeed a tabular model, but this is only an advantage. You can build your data model any way you want. If you use a single fact table surrounded by dimensional tables, you have your multidimensional model.

You can have a star scheme, a snowflake scheme, or a scheme which is similar to your source data. The following two blog posts are both about the QlikView data model, albeit maybe not exactly about the difference between dimensional modeling and QlikView. But they will give you a view about data modeling in QlikView.

The Table Viewer

To Join or not to Join

HIC