Thank you for the response. I have already analyzed Governance Dashboard. I couldn't analyze the cache statistics.
however, "RAM usage high" thread by @tresesco in your response cleared most of my queries Except below:
1. Does QV server load All the published QVWs to RAM by default? or Only Loads the QVWs to RAM which are opened by users currently?
It is normal for RAM usage to grow over time, as this is QV filling the cache. Nothing gets removed from cache until the working set limits (QMC Performance tab) are reached.
Using a spreadsheet formula to get a rough approximation of requirements is fine for pre sales. But once you have actual QVW files, there are several more accurate methods available.
- Using Windows task manager, note the delta in virtual memory for QV.exe after opening the document in desktop. This will not provide the per user cost though.
- Use Document Analyzer on each document. This will provide the ram requirement for the document and the per user increment.
Qlikview Cookbook: QV Document Analyzer http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/document-analyzer/
- Use QV Optimizer (search this site) for results similar to Document Analyzer.
1. Does QV server load All the Dashboards to RAM which ever is available in User documents mapping folder even though users are not using? or Only Loads the QVWs to RAM which are opened by users currently? No, only when the document is open.
2. what is Minimum RAM required to run the Qlikview Enterprise server service(without single QVW in server, which menas emty setup of QV server)? Somewhere around 6-8 meg
3. With our 5 QVWs , we may requied less than 400 MB RAM(calculated based on RAM Calculator). But why our server is consuming more than 3 GB ? (Last month RAM Consumption was 2 GB and this Month it is 3 GB.)
Lets look at this. Look at the closed size of the QVW and lets say it is 100mb. When it is open on server it will grow by So, server memory will be around 400mb. For each users that comes into the document the memory will grow by 10% . S, if you have 10 users that would be 400mb. So, the open document memory would be 800mb. Now this does take into the users click as they go through the document. With that you will see the memory spike as users use the qvw. Also, as more data is added to the QVW the memory will grow.
4. Recently we have setup the LDAP (earlier we are using custom Authentication). After that I can see the RAM Usage more(Analyzed using Governance Dashboard)? Yes, the LDAP information is cached.
One thing you have to watch for is poorly designed QVW. This could be the backend or dashboard design, if not done properly they can use a lot of memory.