3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2015 11:53 AM by Matthias Santer RSS

    Qlik Sense and Office 2016

      Since I upgraded to Office 2016 (including Access 2016) I cannot access my Access DB via OLE DB anymore.

      I found that there is a new version of OLE driver (version 16.0), but it's not available in Qlik Sense.

      Further it's not possible to use a created data connection (Neither System nor User DSN show defined ODC files).

       

      When creating a new Data connection in Windows 10/Excel 2016 you get:

       

       

       

      Do I something wrong or need Qlik Sense to be adapted for use with Office 2016?

        • Re: Qlik Sense and Office 2016

          Let me add, that this connection string was working with Office 2013:

          OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.15.0;Data Source=C:\Users\matthias\Documents\db.accdb;]

           

          Simply changing the version number to 16.0 doesn't work either:

          OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0;Data Source=C:\Users\matthias\Documents\db.accdb;]

           

          Result is: connection failed

            • Re: Qlik Sense and Office 2016
              Jonathan Poole

              i haven't tried an OLEDB connection to access office 16.0 but i think you can create an ODBC connection to it as a system DSN and select 'ODBC' from qlik sense.

               

              One thing though regarding your existing OLEDB connection.. i noticed you are using CONNECT32 in the syntax above which is a 32 bit connection. you may need just a CONNECT (for 64 bit) .

               

              Back to ODBC, you may need to form the ODBC DSN using the 64 bit ODBC administratorin order for qlik sense to see it.  Many modern windows machines have both a 32 bit and a 64 bit ODBC administrator program and i suggest choosing the latter.

                • Re: Qlik Sense and Office 2016

                  I installed the 32 bit Office version and therefore I'm using the 32 bit driver-

                  found that the ODBC driver for Access was gone when using ODBC administrator as you suggested.

                   

                  So I installed "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" and defined a User DSN.

                  With the defined User DSN and ODBC now I can access the database.

                   

                  Thanks for your hints.