Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chinnu123
Creator
Creator

DATA POINT VALUES COUNT MUST BE EQUAL TO 100%

Hi Team,

I created a bar chart for top 5 names in my scenario by taking count of values. ! In the below image u can see the values for B=5,C=4,A=3,I=3,E=2. but what I need is that values should be displayed in  percentages like B=29%,C=23%,A=18%,I=18%,E=12% i.e equal to 100%. And one thing is in my case there will be lot of names but i need to take only top 5 and that to be represent in percentages.

I am also attaching sample excel sheet to understand clearly .

please help me in this

Top5 values.JPG

Thanks in advance

Regards,

chinnu.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this expression:

=If(Count(values) > 0,

Count({<Names = {"=Only({<Names = >}Aggr(NODISTINCT Rank(Count({<Names = >} values), 0, 1), Names)) < 6"}>} values)/

Count(TOTAL{<Names = {"=Only({<Names = >}Aggr(NODISTINCT Rank(Count({<Names = >} values), 0, 1), Names)) < 6"}>} values))

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

As per your data D and E both have count of 2. How you choose E between the two??

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Capture.PNG

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks sunny.

This is the exact answer which i needed

sunny_talwar

Awesome

I am glad we found the answer you were looking for.

Best,

Sunny

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

I found an error in your attached file  i.e if i select  any value it showing 100% instead of original value.

for example if i click A it showing 100% instead of 15.79%.

Can you please rectify it and send me new file

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Chinnu.

sunny_talwar

Try this expression:

=If(Count(values) > 0,

Count({<Names = {"=Only({<Names = >}Aggr(NODISTINCT Rank(Count({<Names = >} values), 0, 1), Names)) < 6"}>} values)/

Count(TOTAL{<Names = {"=Only({<Names = >}Aggr(NODISTINCT Rank(Count({<Names = >} values), 0, 1), Names)) < 6"}>} values))

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot sunny now its perfect

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi sunny,

I am still not able to resolve my issue so i am attaching again my sample data can u please help me

based on the number of incidents the graph should show the top 10 ISSUES(dimension).

The graph should reflect past 12 months data. and past 3 months data in same bar chart.. side by side

And  All the data points must be equal to 100% which u have already given query earlier

For example: if the reporting month i october2015, the data should reflect from november2014-october2015.

and the past 3 months data should reflect from august 2015 to October 2015.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Chinnu.

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi sunny Can you please suggest any solution for my issue...