Hello Sense Guru's wherever you are,
I have a dashboard created by tradional Qlikview which i would like to convert into Qlikview. I'm running into some technical challenges which makes the migration a bit difficult.
First a bit over architecture of the dashboard:
- set of KPIs aggregated of several dimensions and periods
- at any given moment only one period can be selected (periodId)
- at any given moment only one period interval (periodInterval) can be selected (day/week/month)
- a selection in period interval fires field trigger which select the default periodId
- It's possible to scroll back and forth through the period
- through dialog box it's also possible to browse to a period
- when document is open, document's onOpen trigger is fired which apply dynamic bookmark which select the default period per periodInterval selection
the challenges that i am facing:
- There is no "Always One Selected Value" in sense (only one selected periodInterval is allowed)
- There are no object/field/document triggers in sense (to enable default period selection)
- There is no conditional show in sense (to show/hide objected based on document selection state)
The real question is how to enable single period selection per periodInterval which allowing period navigation.
If i numerate your Questions:
1.: I'm not sure what specificly you want there but did u try the Dollar Sign Expression to make it happen?
2.: You can use qsVariable (available on Qlik Branch), where you could set default Values on your Variables, maybe you can set a default value there
3.: no clue sorry.