Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Format Listed Values in Input Box

Hi.  I have an Input Box that is being used to control the Dimensions in a number of graphs.  To do this I created an input box that defines a variable and listed other field names in the "Listed Variables".  I then use the defined variable as the Dimension in a number of graphs (this allows the dimensions of all graphs to change based on a user selection from a drop down in an input box).

The issue right now is, field names are not always named with user friendly names.  I am looking for a way to have the drop down display user friendly names for selection (i.e. Paid Year), but actually store something else in the variable (the actual field name of pd_yr) so that is what is passed as the variable name to the graph dimension.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use a variable with user friendly values, then use a trigger to set a new variable with an expression

=pick( match( vUserFriendly, 'Paid Year', 'Customer'), 'YearPaid','CustNameShort')

Use the second variable to expand in your dimensions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

is it the variables being defined you ahve the issue with or the actual dimension names?

where are you defining your drop down list of dimensions?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use a variable with user friendly values, then use a trigger to set a new variable with an expression

=pick( match( vUserFriendly, 'Paid Year', 'Customer'), 'YearPaid','CustNameShort')

Use the second variable to expand in your dimensions.

Not applicable
Author

you can provide user friendly names for the variables in the input box, but am not quite sure where you are defining you dimension list in the input box definition

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much. This did exactly what I was looking for!