Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop 2.1.1 on Win 7 in VMWare Fusion 7.1.2 Does not create Apps

Is there a way to get Qlik Sense Desktop 2.1.1 to work on Win 7 in VMWare Fusion 7.1.2 while sharing "Documents" folder?

Issue follows from issue posted back in March but with updated versions:  " Qlik Sense Desktop 1.1.0 on Win 7 in VMWare Fusion 7.1.1 Does not create Apps"

As one of the answers mentioned, Qlik Sense doesn't support UnC paths fully.  As a result, in version 1.1.0 Qlik Sense did not work in a virtualised environment where a users Documents folder is mapped, unless you:

• Shut down Qlik Sense Desktop
  • Go to [My Documents Folder]\Qlik\Sense
  • Open Settings.ini
  • Insert the following line in the section [Settings 7]:

DocumentDirectory=C:\QlikSense (Or wherever you want)

• Remember to have an empty line below or insert it as first entry, otherwise the settings won't apply.
  • Restart the Qlik Sense Desktop

However, this modification does not solve the problem in v2.1.1.

On investigation it seems that the "AppsBackup" folder still resides on the UnC path even after the above modification.  Is there an additional modification that permits one to define where to store the "AppsBackup" folder - e.g. on a local drive?

Note: although the the solution mentioned in  "Qlik Sense 2.0 Won't Load QVF - Causes Disk Space Issue"works (stop mapping the Documents folder) I need to map my documents for other users so am seeking an alternative, less restrictive solution.

Can anyone help me here?

0 Replies