Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Is it possible to use part of a QVW sheet or a 'group' of charts in NPrinting?

I believe the answer to this is 'no', but I'm hoping someone with more experience can help.

I have a large QVW with several complex charts, sometimes layered over one another.  The layers are processed separately to allow parallel processing rather than serial processing for the dozens of displayed values.

I'm working on optimizing the chart, but in the meantime...

The resulting KPI chart takes up approximately one-third of a sheet in a QlikView solution we publish.  Is there a way to grab that third of a sheet, or grab the whole sheet and crop within QlikView, in order to distribute the image on an NPrinting report?

I've done quite a few NPrinting reports, but I'm only now getting into more stylized (and attractive, I hope) distributed updates.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

It's not possible to only send part of a sheet.

You can either send the whole sheet or single charts at a time.

Is it possible for you to select all of the objects which make up your layered charts and clone them and copy onto another sheet so that one single sheet contains everything you want and nothing you don't want?

Not sure if this will work...

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

It's not possible to only send part of a sheet.

You can either send the whole sheet or single charts at a time.

Is it possible for you to select all of the objects which make up your layered charts and clone them and copy onto another sheet so that one single sheet contains everything you want and nothing you don't want?

Not sure if this will work...

Best

Aran

greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thanks, Aran.  That's what I'm trying now.  It's not an ideal solution, but I'm hoping it will work. 

I really wish QlikView supported a method of 'grouping' onscreen charts beside the obvious sheet-level grouping.  A container won't work in this case.  I just need a named group like, say PowerPoint has allowed for the past 20 years or so. 

Thanks.