6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2015 3:51 PM by Aarohi Patel RSS

QMC:Is it possible to distribute an app to all the members in the distribute tab (group and individual named users) and send success notification to only the individual named users?

Aarohi Patel

Hello everyone,

I have a task that is distributed to 2 groups and 5 named users. I also have set up for email notification upon task successful completion.

My question is: Is it possible to distribute an app to all the members in the distribute tab (both group and individual named users) and send success notification to only the individual named users?

Right now, it is doing what is expected but there is an alert which comes up on that particular task saying Can't find a suitable Email adress for recipient. MailAdress(es)= groupname,

This warning is coming because of the known issue that notifications cannot be sent to groups.

But, what I want is, I should not get that Warning but send notifications to only individual named users and distribute to both Group and individual named users. Wanted to know if it is possible or not.

Also, another thing I want to know is that (System Setup Tab:Distribution Services Server: “Alert e-mail” tab) has any connection with the success notification too or is it just for sending alerts of failure?

Thanks