Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Task triggering before I want to in Publisher Server

Hello.

We have a process that needs to run on QDS every 4 hours with the data of that time.

We have something like this:

• Task A (every 4 hours)
    • Task B (triggered by A)
    • Task C (triggered by A as well)
    • Task D (also triggered by A)
      • Task F (triggered on multiple events completed, Task B and Task C and Task D).

This happens quite often:

So its 00:00 and Task A starts and completes.

Task B fails for yet unknown (random) reasons

Task C completes

Task D completes

Task F doesn't start, it get a Green light from Task C and Task D, but not from Task B.

Results: F doesn't publish but at least the old information makes sense.

Not it's 04:00 and there's new info

Task A starts and completes, that, of course, starts B,C,D

Task B completes

Task F starts since now it's got the green light from Task B that was missing

(C and D may complete and send their green light which will push the problem)

Result: Task F publishes but information doesn't make much sense. it's marked as completed in the 04:00 execution. BUT it doesn't have the data from the 04:00 execution; Most data is from the 00:00 execution but it's mixed with the 04:00 execution and it's innacurate or worst.

How can I tell Task F to wait for the 3 'Green lights' from the same execution? (not take into account old executions)

Is there a file I can delete without deleting other things? (delete the Green lights from the previous run)

Is there a setting that marks "Green light" as good only for 3 hours?

Is there somescript that I can code into task F.qvw that checks if the 3 qvds hour is similar (3 hours apart), and if not wait 1 minute and recheck? (I can think of random generation of data that takes 1 min, but it's not performance friendly).

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe you need to change the time constraint value for the multiple event trigger:

Time Constraint

Choose a time limit, within which all of the tasks have to complete their execution, by entering the desired number in the Minutes text box.

Default value: 360, meaning 6 hours.