Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC triggered tasks not starting

I have a list of QMC Tasks...each of which are triggered by the successful completion of the previous one.  It often happens that a task will complete successfully, but the next task that should start upon that successful completion does not start.  There are no other conditions for the task to start.  Also, it happens to different tasks at different times on different days.  There is no rhyme or reason to this behavior.  It seems to be completely random (and, of course, the logs are of no use as they simply show the previous task completed successfully).  Any thoughts?  Is there a resource of some sort that might be temporarily occupied that the task needs to start?  If so, wouldn't there be something in the logs to that effect?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

SR2 is quite old and there was many bugfixes since them - the last release is SR12. Therefore I suggest to upgrade your environment.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe there are sometimes too many tasks at the same time enabled and/or some timeouts happens - maybe this could give you some hints where you could look: Server-Task delaying

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Marcus,

The tasks all run in a "waterfall"...i.e. there are no concurrently running tasks...they all run one at a time.

Alex

Not applicable
Author

i.e. they are all "sequential" they do not run in "parallel".

marcus_sommer

Which qv release do you use?

Not applicable
Author

For QMC:

Product Information
Product nameQMS Backend Core x64
Client Build Number11.20.11922.0
Target Platformx64
Number of Distribution Services Allowed2
PDF Distribution AllowedNo
Service authenticationAD groups

For QV:

V 11.20.11922.0 SR2 64-bit Edition (x64)

marcus_sommer

SR2 is quite old and there was many bugfixes since them - the last release is SR12. Therefore I suggest to upgrade your environment.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus.

Not applicable
Author

One more question.  I presume by SR12 you are referring to Qlikview itself and not the QMC.  If so, how does that impact how the QMC performs?  IF my presumption is incorrect, please let me know.  Thanks.

marcus_sommer

The qmc is part from the qv server installation and therefore it will be upgraded, too and qv server and qv desktop client should be on the same release.