3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2015 9:55 AM by Peter Cammaert RSS

add cooments to load tasks

Alec Harf

hi all,

I have about 300 load tasks and I need to add a comment to each task. wondering if there is an easy way to do rather than going in each one, edit it and add comment..

wondering if i can read the tasks from the xml files and somehow add the comments...

let me know if you have any ideas..

best,

Alec

• Re: add cooments to load tasks
          jagan mohan rao appala

Hi Alec,

I think there is no such option, you have to manually add the Trace commands in individual Qlikview files.

Regards,

Jagan.

Avinash R

Hi Alec,

As Jagan mentioned we don't have any ways to achieve this , we need to do it manually

Peter Cammaert

The others already confirmed that there are no tools in QMC (or otherwise) to do this. But since you asked for ideas, I thought the following might be helpful.

In the Publisher Database (QVPR) folder, open a file called DocumentTask.xml. It contains all Task definitions. Scroll down until you reach the end of the schema. Next there should be some 300 lines of single-line <DocumentTask ... /> definitions. Each line has a Description="..." attribute. Some may be filled if you tried to enter task descriptions through the QMC. Others will be empty.

You could write a PS-script or a small program to fill the Description tags. Or create an XML transformation schema to do all that using proper XML techniques.

Peter