Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Whiskers Pie Chart in NPrinting

Hi ,

I want to display a pie chart (Whiskers Pie chart) in NPrinting PPT report.

Can anyone let me know how can we achieve this?

Thanks and Regards

Raj

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Raj -

If the whiskers chart can be created in the Office template, then you can use NPrinting to feed the data from QlikView into the visualization. Here are a couple of tutorials explaining how to do this:

Excel - http://community.vizubi.com/knowledgebase/articles/260978-how-to-create-excel-charts

PowerPoint - How to Create a PowerPoint Chart using Native QlikView Tables – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please refer to the current link for an example of how you want to accomplish the pie chart in Qlik.  When a pie chart is brought into NPrinting it is brought in as an image and you will not be able to do much as far as specific formatting - you will first need to get the iamge to look like what you want in QlikView first, then bring the object in as an image into NPrinting

Re: Where is the whisker pie chart extension?

Pie chart with Whisker - pls helppp

Where is the whisker pie chart extension?

the links above are to QlikView threads regrding the creation of pie charts with whiskers - you will need to download the extension

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply,but the extension objects work and visible only in web view mode and for NPrinting, the qvw should be saved on in the non-Web view mode. So how can i show the extension object onto NPrinting report?

Thanks and Regards

Rajesh

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi

currently you can't use extensions in nprinting reports

you can only use qlikview built-in objects or custom objects

Not applicable
Author

I forgot that NPrinting does not support extension objects (sorry about that -an the community was down and I could not get back to you sooner.  I am not sure if you had a chance to llok through all of the threads, but attached is a pie chart that looks like it is using whiskers without the extions

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply, i have gone through the threads and the example without extension is cluttered when we have small portion in the pie chart.

The whiskers pie chart can be created in excel or ppt  .But how can we automate it through NPrinting to get the pie chart in ppt ?

Stephen_Jasionowski

Raj -

If the whiskers chart can be created in the Office template, then you can use NPrinting to feed the data from QlikView into the visualization. Here are a couple of tutorials explaining how to do this:

Excel - http://community.vizubi.com/knowledgebase/articles/260978-how-to-create-excel-charts

PowerPoint - How to Create a PowerPoint Chart using Native QlikView Tables – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Not applicable
Author

You will need to bring the data into Excel as a table (most likely) and then in the Excel tempalte, use Excel to build the pie chart with Whiskers - in this case the pie chart will actually be created within Excel.  This process will be automated in the same manner as if you brought the pie chart into nprinting, it will jsut be using the data brought into nprinting to create the chart

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am able to do it excel.But i need to do it in ppt.For creating pie chart in ppt, how do we use the table in the ppt as a source to the pie chart?  Can someone help me in this?

Stephen_Jasionowski

Raj -

You can do this in PowerPoint and you don't have to create the table in the slides. See the 2nd link I attached: How to Create a PowerPoint Chart using Native QlikView Tables – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Add the whiskers chart to your slide and then replace the sample data provided by PowerPoint with the fields that come from the QlikView table. You can drag and drop them directly into the Excel file that is the source for the PPT chart.

The tutorial shows an example using a bar chart, but the methodology will be the same for any Office chart you want to add.