Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III

Load Images

Hi all,

I'd like to load some images into Qlik Sense, and make them sensitive to filters.

My datas are like these:

LOAD * INLINE

[

ImageName,Path,

'a','PATH\a.png'

'b','PATH\b.png'

'c','PATH\c.png'

]

;

After loaded the datas, I've downloaded and installed the extension that you can find here:

Loading image using expressions

I've tried to use it, but I've had some problem, nothing happened using as dimension "Path".

So, instead of put as dimension "Path" I've used info(Path) and something changes.

The results is in the following image: as you can see the result is not what I need.

screenshot.PNG

So I've tried to use:

info LOAD * INLINE

[

ImageName,Path,

'a','PATH\a.png'

'b','PATH\b.png'

'c','PATH\c.png'

]

;

But the results have been the same.

Lastly I've tried to use an .xlsx file, but the results has been the same above.

Does anybody know how can I make work that extension, or let me know another way to reach the results I need?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The extension you referred to needs the images in the Images folder it seems:

3.- I droped the images I wanted to display on the path where the rest of the Qlik Sense Images are:

C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Content\Default\Images

But perhaps you can use the standard functionality of Qlik Sense 2.1: Qlik Sense - Bundling Images with Apps

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The extension you referred to needs the images in the Images folder it seems:

3.- I droped the images I wanted to display on the path where the rest of the Qlik Sense Images are:

C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Content\Default\Images

But perhaps you can use the standard functionality of Qlik Sense 2.1: Qlik Sense - Bundling Images with Apps

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

First, thank you a lot!

I've dropped the images into the "classical path" you have said to me and it works!

I've seen the video, but I do not understand if (in my example) if I choose "a" on a filter, "a.png" is displayed. But this is the right answer to my first question (if it is sensible to filters).

The real question (sorry, it is not mentioned before, but I think it is not correct open another discussion) is:

if I had a database (an OLE DB connection), and into this DB there is a table like

Name   Path

a          path/a.png

b          path/b.png

c          path/c.png

linked to n tables.

Is it possible to display those images and have them "alive" with all the Qlik Sense features like sensibility to filters?

I.E. filter with Name, and a tool that display Path (the images, not literally the path).

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌i saw the other day that a user had created a cards extension that lists names with an associated image. 

Perhaps you could  use that?Cards! New extension released on Qlik Branch

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

nice one andy..........grt

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Very interesting, thanks!