Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

syntax set analysis

What i do wrong?

this sentence is correct and it works. It grabs all the data (1) instead of using the selection ($), from all the facts matching groupID 3 and with an start time lower or equal to 01/11/2015 00:00:00 then it Sum it.

Sum({1<GroupID={'3'},StartTime={'<=01/11/2015 00:00:00'}>}Valor)

What i want to change is to make the 01/11/2015 00:00:00 automatic. i mean, put the current floor month start date. That way every new month i'll have the previous month data.

But i've tryed a lot of things and none seems to work.

Any Idea?

huge thanks.

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

Sum({1<GroupID={'3'},StartTime={"$(='<=' & TimeStamp(MonthStart(Max(StartTime)), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'))"}>}Valor)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This should work if your StartTime field is a timestamp field:

Sum({1<GroupID={'3'},StartTime={"<=$(=MonthStart(Today()))">}Valor)

If you're using a month field as dimension then this won't work as only values associated with the month value can be used to calculate a result for that month value.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Sum({1<GroupID={'3'},StartTime={"$(='<=' & TimeStamp(MonthStart(Max(StartTime)), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'))"}>}Valor)

this worked, but i can't understand this {"$(='<=' & TimeStamp(MonthStart(Max(StartTime)), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'))"}>}

Could you please explain? it would help me so much.

Everything i put after " goes grey, so not sure what i'm doing.

huge thanks.!

Not applicable
Author

hi Gysbert! thanks for the anwer the solution you proposed didn't work, it output no result at all

Kushal_Chawda

try,

Sum({1<GroupID={'3'},StartTime={"<=$(=monthstart(max(StartTime)))"}>}Valor)

sunny_talwar

So I am equating Start time to this expression -> ='<=' & TimeStamp(MonthStart(Max(StartTime)), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss')

To know what that expression is, use it in a text box expression

='<=' & TimeStamp(MonthStart(Max(StartTime)), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss')

and see what the output is.

HTH

Best,

Sunny