cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Apply filter to a specific object in nprinting

Hi Expert, i would like to know if there is possible  to apply an specific filter to only one object and not for all the report

for example:

I have a ppt report that contain a month filter, but i want that one object do not respect this object and create another object only for this object

is this posible?

thank you a lot

Fernando

5 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Fernando -

You can, in fact, apply filters to objects in templates. The process is outlined here: How to Apply a Specific Filter to Tables or Images – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

There is a hierarchy for how filters get applied in NPrinting and an object-level filter gets top priority.

The order (in priority) goes: object>recipient>report>task

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thank you Sthephen for your fast answer!

But i have a doubt, i understand i can create a filter to a specific object, but i can tel nprinting that this object do not take the filter of the report?

i think that as you tell me if the priority is the object filters, i will create a filter for this object and others filters for the report, this only object will have ONLY the filter that the object have? and do not use the report filters?

thank you again Stephen

Fernando K.

Not applicable

Fernando,

You can.

What you need to do is create a filter which will apply for certain values of the dimensions you want to filter, and blocks filtering for all other dimensions. To block filtering, you need to apply the clear selections parameter to the filters on those dimensions for which you want to block filtering.

The tutorial Stephen sent you documents this feature.

Best

Aran

Not applicable

Fernando

Make sure you follow the steps and isntructions from Aran and Stephen - if you do not do the block filtering as recommended by Aran the issue you may run into is filters at the report level apply to all objects within the report, so you may have an issue where the filter at the specific object is applied but then you have the filters that affect the entire report. 

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Aran Perfect Explanation

one question, in this case my filters will be the same field

for example in one object i want to view the last 12 months and in the others only select the last month

thank you a lot for your help

Fernando