Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document ask for credential only in IE

Hi there,

I'm having a strnge behaviour on my application.

I have two columns used in the section access.

I reload the application via Publisher, everything if ok.

When I open it using QV client it is ok.

But when I open it using the IE plugin, it asks me id user and password credentials ...

I think there is something wrong bu I can't figure what.

Thanks in advance

Sébastien

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This is not an issue with IE as when I remove one of the access field I have the application is working fine.

It looks more an issue with the section access. It seems that there was somehow a hierarchy in the section access which prevent to use 2 different fields.

To bypass this problem, I joined another field with one of the section access I was using...

Anyway thank you for your help.

Rgds,

Sébastien

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Samething happened with me. See which IE you are using. If u use new IE it gave same problem to me but when I use my old IE version it did not give me the problem. May be its same with you.

-Sravan

Not applicable
Author

To be precise I used IE 8 Beta Version and I had the Same problem what you have. When I changed now to Other version It works fine without asking any username and Password.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan and thanks for your answer,

Unfortunately, this is not the IE version which cause this issue (I tested on IE 6and 7)

Both have the issue...

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

when using IE plugin, this is generally IIS that checks your credentials prior to give you access to the web site content.

make sure IIS is configured for single sign on (to retrieve automatically your NT username). i.e in IIS 7, check that Windows authentification is enabled in Authentification properties of the web site.

Not applicable
Author

This is not an issue with IE as when I remove one of the access field I have the application is working fine.

It looks more an issue with the section access. It seems that there was somehow a hierarchy in the section access which prevent to use 2 different fields.

To bypass this problem, I joined another field with one of the section access I was using...

Anyway thank you for your help.

Rgds,

Sébastien